Toll free: (800) 838-1999
Local: (614) 294-5040

Wage Garnishments

Wage Garnishments

Stop A Wage Garnishee by Filing Either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13

Filing either chapter 7 or chapter 13 bankruptcy will both prevent a wage garnishee from taking place and stop a wage garnishee that has already started.  By filing for bankruptcy protection you may even be entitled to get back some or all of the money that was taken from you.

Filing for bankruptcy protection will also stop the garnishee of monies you have deposited in the bank.  This applies even if the IRS or the State of Ohio is taking money out of your bank account.